How to Speed Up Windows 7 & 10
To begin type "SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe" and hit Enter to open the System Properties
Performance control console. On the "Visual Effects" tab, uncheck the box next
to "Animate windows when minimizing and
That will save a lot of CPU cycles when switching from one window to another.
Also, experiment with disabling the other visual effects to see which ones you can live without.
To turn off the snazzy Aero interface completely, right-click the Desktop and select Personalize from the popup.
Then scroll down and select the Basic theme.
Unnecessary Windows 7 Services for home and small business users
There are a number of services you can turn off safely if you do not use them. Here's how:
Click Start and in the search box type "services.msc" and then hit Enter.
(Note: you should not use the Microsoft System Configuration Utility ("msconfig.exe") for this process; it only enables/disables the starting of a service at logon.
Services.msc gives you more control over how a service behaves.)
Going down the lengthy list of services, here are many that the average home or small business user does not need:
· Application Experience
· Error Reporting Service
· Desktop Window Manager Session Manager (only needed with Aero)
· Diagnostic Policy Service
· IP Helper
· Offline Files
· Portable Device Enumerator Service
· Distributed Link Tracking Client
· Protected Storage
· Secondary Logon
· Server (If your computer does not connect with any network)
· Tablet PC Input Service
· TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
· Windows Media Center Service Launcher
· Windows Search
· Remote Registry
· Windows Time
· Windows firewall (most high-speed routers have a firewall built in)Disable a service by un-checking the box to its left.